Sunday, August 16, 2009

If Variety Is the Spice of Life, Sameness Is Its Staple

"Now" is the time I'll live in. It sounds obvious, but I'm so tempted to try to live in the past or the future! Plus, I've decided today that instead of waiting for the "big moments" in my life, I'm going to enjoy all the "small" ones. (Note: the "Second Adam," "Life," and "Someone" I'm talking about here are all one and the same person, and that is Jesus Christ).

I don't know a Son of Adam who would bless me with a kiss. But I'll kiss the Second Adam and bless Him in my bliss.
I don't know if any child will ever be my own. But I'll enjoy the smile the child gives me as my own.
I don't know if I will ever be well-known. But I'll enjoy the laugh and love of those who know me well.
I don't know if I will own a million or a half. But I'll enjoy the million things God's given me today.
I don't know if I will ever save a person's life. But I'll enjoy the Life who gave me personhood.
I don't know if I will ever be someone. But I'll enjoy the Someone who was, is, and will be.

No comments: