Thursday, July 02, 2009

"...called by My Name...."

I don't know how in the world I missed this, but I did. 

I had read on World Net Daily (WND) about the recent, public rape of a 5-yr.-old boy by his homosexual adoptive "dad" and his offering the little boy to another homosexual man.  The "dad" had previously bragged about being a "perv dad for fun," and broadcasted the rape through the Internet.  WND had a link to a previous article about a 13-yr.-old boy who had been raped and murdered at the hands of two homosexual men years ago.  Seeing this, and realizing how little media attention these two boys have had, I'm see the underbelly of a country whose overwhelmingly postChristian state is becoming more and more debased.

Since I've been on this campus, I've met so many people, Christian and non-Christian, who have been avid apologists for homosexuals.  It's like people are losing the ability to recognize sin, destruction, and perversion.  I've got to ask myself, is it mercy to let a person self-destruct?  Is it mercy to allow a person to commit acts that merit a millstone?  And as these two cases demonstrate anecdotally and others have demonstrated with more rigorous statistics, as homosexuality between "consensual adults" thrives, pederasty logically follows.  Yet many in the national news media supressed the homosexual link in the recent rape case.  What can stop the moral debasement of a country?

I was thinking about 2 Chronicles 7:14: "If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

That's when I saw what I'd been missing.  This particular call to repentance is to God's people, the ones who take His name.  It's a call to the church -- Christians -- to turn from evil and turn to God.  Before today, I'd thought that this call in this verse was to everyone.  But the truth is, God is speaking to the church here.  We are to repent.  As others have said, it's no surprise that darkness is dark.  What is a surprise is when what should be light is darkness.

People, let's repent!


No comments: