Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mad Model

Whenever I think about medicine run on the Government Post Office model, I shudder.  It's the whole idea of "I've seen what you do, and I don't want to see any more."

(And now, from the makers of "Going Postal," "Mediscare," and "Teddycation," it's "Obummer Care"!)

I think the reason why we put up with the Post Office is because we have so many other routes of communication, it's okay if that one's subpar.

But what if the Post Office was a monopoly?  What if it was against the law for any other company to send a first-class letter?

I mean, if the federal government legitimately knew something about competition and cost-cutting, why haven't they been applying their wisdom to the programs they already operate?

Oh, sorry about that.  I keep lapsing into rationality.  Gotta work on that.

(Originally written 9/18/09)

No comments: