Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Truly, He is the One

Someday my prince will come.  And if he don't, well, the King's already spoken for me.

(I gotta be careful about this whole "desire of the heart" thing.  I thought I deeply desired a digital camera, but now that I've got one, I'm almost afraid to touch it!  God save me from what I think I want!  LORD, you are the One I want to trust completely, the One I want to be in love with, the One I want to think about at all times and in all places.  Please rule my heart.  Please direct my course.  I'm so afraid that my desire to be loved is just another one of those things that I'm prioritizing now, but that I'll quickly shelve any guy who gives me his affection because I'm that fickle and self-interested.  Please redeem my will.  Today I spent a good chunk of the day working on a silly poster for an event.  I thought I wanted to do that, but I realize that it was just my effort to be busy and block out what I should have been doing.  God, save me.  I am so lost without You.  I am so empty and pointless and meaningless without You.  Please be my treasure!  I know that where my treasure is, there my heart will be also.  Lord, I see my reflection so often.  I pray that I would see Your reflection more often.  Please, Lord, shine into my life.  Please reflect Your glory off of me and into the lives of everyone around me.  You are the Mighty One, the One who is, and hte One who is able.  I worship You, for You are the God who knows.  Lord, you are the victorious One, the only One who has ever faced sin and conquered it!  You are the Light of Life, the ever-present One, the Prince of Peace.  You have defeated Satan.  You reign in glory.  Please reign over me.  You are the blessed Giver, the transformer, the Holy One.  Your Name is higher than any other Name.  Your mercy extends into all dimensions.  You are the only One who is good, the only One who is worthy.  I praise You for You have overcome).

No comments: